Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Seat Relocation

       My first project to complete on Howe is to relocate the seat to a position that fits me comfortable and allows me to safely operate the car.  The gentleman I bought the car from was about 5'6" or so and I am 6'2"  so some work is in order.  The first thing I have done is to move the seat down as far as possible to give me ample head room. I also leaned the seat back an extra 10-15 degrees to give me some more arm room.  I have also moved the pedals forward about 2-3 inches to accommodate my long legs.
     My current struggle is with the harnesses.  Since I moved the seat down considerably, I was worried about the belt angles being off. Luckily since I am considerably taller than the previous owner all the belts line up quite well.  Only problem is the shape of the seat and the height of my shoulders don't allow the harness to route correctly.  I will be wearing some sort of head and neck restraint system and that necessitates that the harness be run in a very specific way.  Long story short I am going to have to cut new harness holes in the seat and weld up the one that the seat originally came with it.  I think that brings everything up to date so Ill post again once I work on the car more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment